Sunday, May 25, 2008

Integrating Your Keywords into Your Content

Once you have done your keyword research and you determine the keywords you want to target, integrating keywords into your content is probably the most important part of the entire content optimization process. It's silly to think that you would do all of this research and then not properly use the keywords in your web site. So let's make sure that doesn't happen.

You can invent many ways to implement and write your content for your web site so that it will do well with both your readers and the search engines. Let me discuss some ideas that I use when writing content; hopefully it will help you when you go to write your web site content.

The two most common questions I am asked are:

  • What is the most important tag in which to place your keywords?
  • Where or in what position should my keyword appear in my tags?

The answer I always give is the same. Throw all of that malarkey out the window.

The real way to ensure that you pages are written so that the search engines index your site for your target keywords is to write targeted, keyword-rich content. You want to have at least 300 to 400 words of keyword-rich content on every page. This will give you enough copy to define each page while allowing you to target specific keywords.

So when I write for the search engines, I focus on two to three keywords or key phrases per page, and I focus my writing based upon proven copy writing techniques that have been used by marketers for decades. It includes the basics of starting off with a headline, followed by a bolded statement, and then a paragraph of keyword-rich copy.

No comments: